If you missed part 1 and 2, please go to older posts.
The image is now taking shape. The next additions are the roads or bridges leading up to the castle on the right and left. Rather than create them from scratch, I borrowed one of the walls I had just built, then stretched and flattened it to fit the space. I used a round eraser to create the scalloped effect on the under side, and the smudge tool set on about 80% to create the little polls that are sticking up. I then duplicated the layer and put a slight tilt on each side. I also used the burn tool to make them fade into the darkness.
Next comes one of the really fun parts, the reflections. Note that I work with two canvases. Also, this is a two-part reflection. The reason is because it gives it a more realistic 3d effect. Part one is dragging the castle walls and towers into the 2nd canvas, rotating and flipping the image, merging the linked layers, and dragging the image back into my project. I applied a rippled effect and set the opacity at 22%. I repeated the process with the castle. After positioning the castle, you have to erase the portion that is behind the walls, since the walls are supposed to be solid.
Finishing touches are the lights, the reflection of the lights, the rocket with trailing sparkles, and one bright star. Each has their own layer. The bridge lights are just off-white dots, about 12 pixels at about 80% hardness. The archway lights are rectangles filled with a more yellow light that I smudged with a spatter brush. The rocket was made using the elliptical marquee, which I stroked about 6 pixels, then erased the portion I didn’t want. I used a spatter brush to create the sparkles.
Last is the text. I found the Disney Script font free on the Internet and imported it into my fonts. I used white for text, but then went to blending options and applied a bevel, and to get the split effect, went to the gloss contour selection and chose the little symbol with 2 peaks. I then applied a gradient overlay from the simple pastels selection. PICTURES is of course a different font, but I used the same layer. The last step was adding my signature and copyright, which I drag into my image from a PSD file.
Hope you enjoyed the process.