If you missed part one, go to older post.
Since this is a twilight shot and a representation of the Disney Logo, I added stars, which isn’t totally realistic, but this is art and adds a nice effect. I borrowed my star field from my space art. I will have details on how I make a star field in a future post, I promise.
Next I added my horizon. Once again I went to my library, and in sunset shots I found a nice silhouette of the mountains. Because I wanted them to appear to slope toward the center, I duplicated the layer and made a right and left side, then distorted each by making the mountains higher on the outside edge of each half.
In the foreground, the water needed banks. This was created in a new layer by first defining the areas I wanted to fill. I used the polygonal lasso tool to select the areas, then went to fill and added color. Next, I went into my library and found a desert foreground without vegetation, and once again painted over the surface with the rubber stamp at about 30% opacity. I also added some noise and then used the burn tool to darken the shore line and other parts of the foreground.
Next was one of the more challenging aspects of this creation, adding the castle walls. I selected the turret that’s in the foreground left of the castle, then drug that into a new layer. With a little bit of clean up I made it look like an individual tower. I then darkened it since there is no light on the outside of the castle grounds, then I duplicated it till I had 4.
I needed the stone walls next, but had no place to borrow them from the castle. I made a new layer, used the rectangular marquee to select the area, then selected the color from one of the turrets I had just created and filled the selection. Next I went to filter and applied bricks, adjusting the size to approximate the size on the turrets.
I borrowed a portion of a turret and made the archers posts in the center of each wall. I spent a lot of time dodging and burning for highlights.
Next (reflections & more)